Friday 29 November 2013

Journal - Digipak spine


           


I put in some spines on my digipak, I made them the same floral design as I've used throughout and I made it darker and with higher contrast than last time to make sure it came across as alternative. When designing my digipak I had Lana Del Rey in mind because she is the main person we wanted our artist to be like. I really like Lana Del Rey's image so I tried to make it similar without completely copying her layout and designs.

I think that adding the spines really made my digipak look a lot more professional and it helped me finish off my last draft. I decided to use the same font I used on my main cover for my digipak and I added a black outer glow around it to make it look bolder. I really like the font and think it really shows off our artist's image and represents how she is girly but at the same time alternative. The darker flowers in the background also contribute to this factor. I made the spine by simply resizing and cropping the floral background so it was clear and the correct size, I then zoomed in to do the text and to make sure it was completely clear and easy to read. The picture included in this text post doesn't do the spine justice and makes it less clear to see but that it because it has been stretched bigger than it was designed to be and therefore became blurry. However, on the digipak itself, the spine is correctly sized, clear and appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment