Wednesday 23 October 2013

Journal - Update on Digipak plans

We've decided to change some of our digipak ideas. My changes are quite different to the original idea. Instead of having such a strong polaroid and photography theme throughout the digipak, I'm going to make it a lot more urban. I've decided to make my digipak a lot more focused around her image and feature a lot more close ups of my artist, Isla Harris. We looked at other front covers in order to get some inspiration and these are some of my favourites and which I think would be very interesting to use.
I love this cover because of how there are different colours on the cover but it is still just the same image. I've taken a lot of inspiration from this one in particular because of that and I think that the colour scheme would be a really good thing to play around with for my digipak cover.
However, what I didn't like was the triangles on the cover and how it wasn't that easy to see her name and the album title. I think that it would be really interesting to make my artist look at the camera instead of having her eyes closed and maybe use her arms to bring attention to her a bit more.

This album cover is also one which I was really inspired by, I absolutely loved the idea (again) of having different sections in a different colour. I think that it would be a good way to get our image across if I could use more colours on the cover and tint certain parts of the image like it has been done here. However, I wouldn't make it as linear and square as this album cover looks. I also love the handwritten text element. I think that is a great way to show that our artist is very unique and feminine.
I don't like the white background behind the text of her name though, I feel like it really takes away from the nice theme of the whole cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment